Everyone loses Wyoming – it’s what you do with the rest of the pieces that matters…
Lost Wyoming tells the story of Maggie Winslow, a bright and thoughtful, yet thoroughly disillusioned heroine, as she discovers how family shapes who we are, who we aren’t, and who we have the potential to become.
Disillusioned by a life that just isn’t perfect and a pile of decisions she’s tired of second-guessing, Maggie has taken in her late twenties to standing on the sidelines, wondering how everything got so lackluster. Unsure exactly when or why she transformed from an able driver of her life into a reluctant passenger in it, she can’t seem to figure out how to get things back on track.
When a family crisis jolts her out of her malaise, Maggie is forced to take charge, to rethink the meaning and the import of the losses that inevitably accompany growing up, and to take stock of the choices and convictions that have kept her from being the person, and living the life, she always envisioned.
Poignant, heartbreaking, and unflinchingly honest, Lost Wyoming is an ultimately uplifting tale about the puzzles we must solve for ourselves – and the joys that await once we learn to get out of our own way.
Title: Lost Wyoming
Category: Fiction:Literary / Fiction:Contemporary Women / Fiction:Family Life
Author: Debra Snider
Pub Month: Sep 2016
Format: Soft cover
ASIN: (for Kindle edition) B01LWBL8NS
Lost Wyoming is a story about the losses that come along with growing up: loss of illusions, of expectations, of love, of certainty and immediacy, and over the course of the book, of a parent as well. It’s a story about how our families shape who we are, who we aren’t, and who we have the potential to become. And it’s a story about the nature of love. Contemplative, pensive, nostalgic, bittersweet, occasionally wry, and ultimately uplifting.
Educated women; Millennials, particularly those suffering through quarter-life crises; men and women struggling to figure out how to embrace the positive aspects of life and to discover what they really want
- Beautifully written, with lovely and compelling imagery throughout
- Terrific, complex characters, both male and female, both young and older
- “Examines the complexities of relationships, the challenges of communicating feelings, and the difficulties of discovering what one really wants.” – Kirkus Reviews
- Speaks eloquently to Millennials struggling to build adult lives and embrace the opportunities available to them
- Illustrates generational differences, particularly in the ways the different generations view relationships, careers, balance, managing one’s life vs. merely letting it happen, coping with loss, etc.
- Illustrates the nature of love: as it develops, when it’s strong, as it unravels, and in hindsight
Where to Purchase:
- Barnes & Noble
- Amazon US (Amazon UK, Amazon Germany)
- Bookstores everywhere
Autographed paperback copies of Lost Wyoming are available for purchase via this website. For individual copies, the cost is $23.95 per book – the list price ($18.95) plus a $5.00 shipping & handling charge. Discounts are available for sets of 5 or 10 copies. Transactions are processed through PayPal.
To buy 1-4 copies, select “1 copy” in the dropdown menu below, click on the Add to Cart button, then type the number of books you want to buy in the Quantity box in your PayPal shopping cart. To buy sets of 5 or 10 copies at discounted prices, select the set you want in the dropdown menu, click on the Add to Cart button, then type the number of sets you want to buy in the Quantity box in your cart.
This offer is void in Nevada and outside the United States.